Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pumpkin Spice/ Gingerbread Latte

Another great recipe tip from Detoxinista.  I was craving a latte but with the roads being bad, and the health factor, I decided to try making my own! 


http://detoxinista.com/2011/11/sugar-free-gingerbread-latte/


What you'll need:
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup brewed coffee
- few dashes of pumpkin pie spice (if you don't have this, you can mix together 3/4 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp ground cloves, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, 1/4 tsp ground ginger)
- 6-7 drops liquid stevia
** optional:  dash of nutmeg for garnish

Notes from my kitchen:
- I did not add the black strap molasses, but if you want a more gingerbread flavor I would use this
- I like my coffee a little stronger, so I added a little more than 1/3 of a cup (Detoxinista suggests 1/4 of a cup), that's the beauty of making your own!  You can modify it to your liking.

This was great on a snowy day!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment