Saturday, January 18, 2014

Ginger glazed mahi mahi

Last night, Shawn and I had a spontaneous date night because I ended up not having to babysit like I had planned.  It started off with a delicious dinner followed by a trip to the mall, and then we checked out Dave and Busters for some gaming.

I wanted to share the fish recipe because it was one of the best dishes I've ever made.  I wish I had a picture!  I adapted this recipe to make it clean.

Ginger glazed mahi mahi

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ginger-glazed-mahi-mahi/

What you'll need:
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 tsp + 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 (6 oz) mahi mahi filets
- salt and pepper to taste

A few notes from my kitchen:
- Instead of soy sauce, I used Bragg's liquid aminos, and instead of vegetable oil for frying, I used olive oil.
- We bought our fish frozen from Trader Joe's.  I also let the fish marinade for a little longer than 20 minutes so that it was really flavorful.
- When you cook the fish, the sauce starts to thicken and turns into a glaze.

I served this with my go-to sweet potato fries recipe from Dr. Axe  (http://www.draxe.com/recipe/sweet-potato-fries/) and some frozen french-style green beans.  Both of these sides are relatively quick and easy!


Enjoy!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment