Friday, January 17, 2014

New Year, New blog


What a lovely week.  So much has happened!  I finished another semester of teaching this week(2 and 1/2 years in!), and I started my blog.  This is my first post!  I am excited to use this blog as a place to share how my life has been transformed both spiritually and healthwise.

2013 was a HUGE year of change, I hope that 2014 is a year of HUGE growth.  

One of the things Shawn and I did as we brought in the new year together was to sit down and make a list of goals to accomplish this year.  We both value challenging ourselves to be better.  We know we have a lot of learning and growing to do, so we wanted to set some things in writing.
Here are a few of my goals for 2014 :

  • complete the Insanity fitness challenge (10 days in!)
  • Take better care of my health.  This includes:
    • taking my vitamins every other day (saving money by stretching a 30-day supply over 60 days...#teacherProbs) 
    • laying on my Maximized Living homecare rolls every night (these are used to keep my spine in alignment to take care of my central nervous system) 
    • eating Maximized Living "advanced plan" one week/month. I am trying to eat natural/raw food all of the time, but there are cheat meals here and there :)
    • drink more water! 
(I have learned a lot about health through Maximized Living.  I try to live by the 5 essentials:  http://www.maximizedliving.com/HealthEssentials.aspx)
  • complete a triathlon

  • read through the whole Bible (YouVersion bible app has a lot of great reading plans.  Shawn and I are doing "Reading God's Story" together.  It plans our daily readings in a chronological order.)

  • date night with Shawn 1/week (we had dinner and went to a high school bball game last night!)
  • spend more time catching up with family (talk to my sisters at least 1/week)
I am excited to share what I learn this year.  The purpose of this blog is write down things that teach me about living a Christlike life and taking care of my health.  I know the Lord is going to do amazing things!  I hope you enjoy and benefit from this as well!

In His name,
Kristen  




No comments:

Post a Comment