Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Coconut Curried Chicken

I started the Maximized Living Advanced Plan (no sugars, no grains for 28 days) yesterday!  I am a part of a team with Dr. Jason Barker as my coach.  I am hopeful that I can complete the challenge with the accountability!

I decided that to stay strong throughout the challenge, I will have to enjoy experimenting with new foods.  This is a new recipe I decided to try for dinner last night.  It was delicious!

http://www.draxe.com/recipe/coconut-curried-chicken/ 

What you'll need:
- 1 pack chicken (about 1 lb)
- 2/3 can of coconut milk
- 1/3 cup of white onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp of minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of broccoli (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water chestnuts (optional)

Notes from my kitchen:
- Shawn and I halved the recipe so we only had to use 1 pack of chicken.  The original recipe calls for 2 lbs of chicken breasts, but we had enough for 3-4 servings by halving it
- The coconut milk got really thick after I added the spices, I may have let it simmer for too long.  I started with half a can and then added some to make it a more sauce-y consistency.  It turned out great!
- We didn't have broccoli or water chestnuts, so we just roasted some brussel sprouts with grapeseed oil, salt, and pepper in the oven to have on the side.
- Shawn also had a sweet potato because he is not participating in the Adv Plan challenge.

Enjoy!
Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment